My little corner of the web
I've moved the source repositories for both Arrayprobe and Cpqarrayd to GitHub. I'm not really maintaining them anymore and in this way contributors have easier access to the sources.
Freek kindly provided a patch to solve several memoryleaks in the program. If you use this program you really should upgrade to this version.
Now i really love the OpenSource community. Somebody went ahead and wrote another CCISS tool. This tool supports only the CCISS controller, but supports more advanced configurations and most important it also supports FreeBSD. You can find it at sourceforge.
My new favorite game! Company of Heroes is one of the best RTS games i've played in a while. Both single and multiplayer modes are challenging and the graphics are awesome.
This a major update of the probe. This version also supports the controllers using the ida driver. I tested this on all machines that i have access to and it works like a charm, but it is a .0 release. Please send me questions, remarks and feedback.
New bugfix release of the arrayprobe util. Fixed serveral small bugs and the -o flag now works as expected.
ArrayUtil is a gui (X-windows) based program that displays the current logical volume configuration of a HP (compaq) arraycontroller. It is currently no longer maintained and only works with the arraycontrollers supported by the ida driver.
The latest version can be downloaded using the link on the left sidebar.
Arrayprobe is a commandline utility that reports the status of a HP (compaq) arraycontroller. This version only supports the newer controllers that use the cciss driver.
It works in two modes. The default mode reports the status in a single line and can be used as a nagios check. The second mode is activated by the -r option and prints a complete status report of the controller and any events in the event queue.
The latest version can be downloaded from the link on the left sidebar.
Cpqarrayd is a daemon to monitor HP (compaq) arraycontrollers. It reports any status changes, like failing disks, to the syslog and optionally to a remote host using SNMP traps.
This update is mainly a cleanup and it should fix some compile errors on some systems with 2.6.x kernels. A link to the latest version is located on the left sidebar.
Whoohoo.. I finally solved the problem with the Exception i have been getting from serveral .NET applications like Disc2Phone and FontHit. When you really dive into the debugger the software report that it's somekind of parse error while getting information from the performance counters. So i started the perfmon application and it looked very weird. All the strings were gone and i couldn't load any counters. I solved this using the lodctr application. Run this app on a machine with a working performance counter (I used the same OS version and Servicepack, XP Pro SP2). Run lodctr /S:strings.ini to save all info about the counters. Then run lodctr /R:strings.ini on the machine with problems. Then check if performance counter runs ok. If it does, start you application and hope this works for you too.
Well webservices are fun. Interoperability between vendors is not. While trying to retrieve an array from a .NET webservice using SOAP::Lite we ran into trouble. The client refused to show more than a single item in the array. After a lot of debugging, googling and guessing we figured it out. Its the encoding style! SOAP::Lite wants RPC/Literal encoding style and .NET generates Document/Literal style. And those two don't interoperate when it comes to passing arrays and complex data types. The solution was to change the tag [WebService()] into [SoapRpcService] in the C# code. Ét voilà...
Dit is een test bericht met een link naar de site van Marlous